Need to try a healthy yet tasty side dish this holiday season but aren’t sure where to begin? Roasted brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish to start with, not only for their taste but for their health benefits. Try these delicious roasted brussels sprouts today!
Makes 1 serving of vegetables.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 2 pounds (4 to 5 cups) Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed, any large sprouts halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, stir the vegetable broth together with the vinegar and garlic. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir gently to coat.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread the Brussels sprouts on the prepared sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the Brussels sprouts generously with the red pepper flakes and garlic powder (if using), and season with salt. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are just tender.
- Stir, sprinkle with more red pepper flakes and garlic powder (if using), and season again with salt. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes more, until the sprouts are tender when pierced with a sharp knife (cooking time will vary based on the size of the sprouts).
- Transfer to a platter, plates, or meal prep containers, and serve hot or warm.
Number of Servings: 8 (½ cup)
Nutrition Facts (per ½ cup):
- Calories: 66
- Carbs: 14g
- Fat: 0g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Sugar: 4g
For more healthy food ideas, check out our healthy recipes.