Just in time for the holiday season! Try this low-fat herb roasted turkey breast recipe. It’s not only delicious but chock-full or nutrients.
Makes 1 serving of protein.
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast, 6 to 7 pounds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the turkey breast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste. Spread the paste evenly on the breast completely. Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast. If the meat is over-browning, cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil.
- When the turkey is done, cover with foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with the pan juices spooned over the turkey.
Makes 20 servings (3.5 oz cooked each)
Nutrition Facts (per 3.5 oz serving):
- Calories: 178
- Carbs: 1g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 34g
- Sodium: 113mg
- Sugar: 0g
For more healthy food ideas, check out our healthy recipes.