- 2 tsp canola oil, safflower oil or olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated (optional use 1 tsp powder)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup fat-free yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1/2 cup 1% milk (for creamier sauce use coconut cream but this increases fat content)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 package extra firm tofu cubed
- 1 head of cauliflower rice (cut into chunks and pulse until rice-size pieces)
- salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil, onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, yogurt, milk, cumin, masala, turmeric, cumin, and chili powder. Stir until well mixed and let simmer a couple minutes.
- Add tofu and simmer 15 minutes or until tofu is cooked through evenly.
- Add cauliflower. Check every 5 minutes until desired texture achieved.
Note: bite-size cauliflower pieces can work with this recipe as well if food processor not available.