Need a guiltless healthy side dish this holiday season? Then look no further than garlic green beans, the perfect side to any entre dish for this holiday season.
1 serving of vegetables.
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add beans and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for about 8-10 minutes until tender crisp.
- Drain beans and set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, saute garlic in cooking spray until light brown. Add beans and toss to coat.
- Remove beans from heat and place beans in a serving dish. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings (about ¾ cup each)
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 40
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 0g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Sugar: 4g
For more healthy food ideas, check out our healthy recipes.