This fried rice is not only low-carb but can be made gluten-free as well! Cauliflower makes the perfect guilt-free “rice” base and absorbs the flavors of the garlic and ginger
- 3 cups cauliflower, riced
- 1 1/2 tbsp grape seed oil (or non-stick cooking spray)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (or 4 egg whites)
- 10 oz chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup snow peas, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, can also use tamari
- 1/4 cup coriander, coarsely chopped, extra sprigs to serve with
- On medium-high, heat half a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan.
- Stir-fry chicken for 3 to 4 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Stir-fry garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower, snow peas, and half the green onion to the pan. Stir-fry these ingredients for 3 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg to the middle of the pan and make sure to stir quickly so that the eggs are cooked through.
- Place the chicken in the pan and add soy sauce. Stir-fry until warm and then garnish with coriander sprigs and green onion.
Adapted from https://www.lowfatlowcarb.com